Stone Therapy – the Healing Power of Stones
The roots of stone therapy go back centuries. The first surviving written evidence of healing with minerals in ancient China dates back to the 2nd millennium BC.
The modern hot stone massage Dubai is a multi-faceted massage technique combining centuries of stone therapy with the latest knowledge in reflexology.
The gist of the method
Stone therapy is a combination of different methods of massage using hot and cold stones. This method is based on temperature and energetic influence of natural minerals on the human body.
This treatment begins with a patient’s body being saturated with a special aroma oil. Warm or hot stones are then applied to warm the muscles. After about 10 minutes, the the therapist uses different surfaces of the stones to begin the massage.
The flat part of the stone is used for gentle muscle rubbing and lymphatic drainage massage. The ridged part of the stone is used for kneading and for treatment of the pathogenic areas. Tapping the stone can be used for a deep vibratory massage.
Acting on the hot and cold stones alternately, the masseur achieves a contrasting effect, which improves blood circulation, vascular tone, and eliminates venous congestion. Stone therapy improves blood circulation in the painful area, accelerates excretion of toxins and enriches tissues with oxygen.
Types of stones for stone therapy
The ideal stone for hot exposure is considered to be green jadeite, the closest relative of nephrite. Its merits lie in its unique ability to absorb heat quickly and release it slowly. Black volcanic basalt is also widely used. Only marble is used as the cold stones.
In the East stones were heated in the sun, charging them with healing energy. In health centers this is done in special furnaces or with hot water. Depending on the indication the stones are heated to a temperature of 45-55 degrees.
Advantages of Using Stones in Massage
- Heated stone serves as an additional source of heat and makes it easier for the masseur to preheat the tissues.
- It allows combining different types of influence on different parts of the body. For example, during heating back area with hot stones, specialist can simultaneously perform manipulations on patient’s hands or feet.
- Prolonged exposure to hot stones results in deep heating of the pathogenic area, which helps with problems such as muscle hypertonicity and stagnation in the tissues. Heat can penetrate up to 1.5 cm deep.
- Increases the force of action, facilitating the work of the masseur. At the same time, due to the rounded surface of the stone, it reduces the pain effect.
- Helps to work large muscles fully and quickly, increasing the effectiveness of the specialist’s work by two or three times.
- Good heating of joints area.
- Allows the use of local heating for a long time at normal air temperature, without creating an increased load on the human heart system.
What diseases does stone therapy treat?
The list of conditions for which stone therapy can bring significant relief is quite extensive. Here are just a few of them:
- Diseases of the joints and spine (osteoarthritis, radiculitis, myalgia, bursitis).
- Diseases of the nervous system (chronic stress, depression).
- Sleep disorders.
- Vascular disorders.
- Metabolic disorders.
- Headaches overexertion.
- Decreased immunity.
- Diabetes mellitus, thyroid disorders.
- Deep vein thrombosis.
The energetic influence of stones
A special effect of natural stones on a person allows supplementing the benefits of classical massage Dubai with energy effects, which help restore the underlying mechanisms of health. For example, jadeite was considered by ancient masters to be a stone that absorbs negative energy. Modern data show that it releases its heat much faster in painful areas.
An experienced stone therapy practitioner takes into account many parameters in their work – the time of year, age, the patient’s features and wishes, the presence of concomitant diseases and contraindications. A properly chosen individual treatment can provide any of the desired effects – from calming and relaxing to stimulating a burst of energy and vigor.
Prime Spa Massage Center Dubai
4th floor, Crowne Plaza Hotel,
United Arab Emirates
Prime Spa Russian Massage
+971 56 156 0980